Mpls_Transplant on Female Tricksters Gracelynn on Deal With This Conyers on Rocky and Bullwinkle: The…
Blogs I Follow
- What Comes After Trump?
- The Renaissance Mathematicus
- Bellevue Society for the Arts
- The Book Wars
- Maxwell's Demon
- The Mix Tape
- R is my friend
- Nitrate Diva
- West Hunter
- Cobweb Queen
- Mpls Transplant
- Cheri Lucas Rowlands
- Mental multivitamin
- Complex Projective 4-Space
- Peter Cameron's Blog
- Astronomy News
- The Shadow Of Etric Pruitt
- art basketball beauty books BSG Buffy Caprica cartoons celestial objects characters Civilization climate Cluelessness Computing data visualization Dollhouse Dr. Who Emergent phenomena evolution fireballs food Freefloating Anomie future features health care Magic math Memory Metallica music myth NIN planet hunting reconsidering teaching Thor Tricksters truck twitter weather whining zombie
Mike Pearson, mutecypher.
Tag Archives: art
Toys coming alive when we aren’t looking can be a great starting point for a story. Here is a wonderful stop motion movie from Poland in the 1930’s. I would place this somewhere between Henry Selick and the seriously weird … Continue reading
2Blowhards has an interesting post on Portrait Artists over the last 200 years. Go check it out. This is not one of them. Francis Bacon’s “Study For A Self-Portrait (Triptych).”
The section “Qui sedes ad dexteram patris” from Bach’s Mass in B minor has always seemed like the sonic version of melancholy to me. Here is a clip from YouTube I have to confess that I did not realize the … Continue reading
I read that Universal is making a prequel to John Carpenter’s The Thing, one of my favorite horror movies. As a juicy reminder of the fun, here’s one of my favorite scenes (not for the squeamish). “Runaway Alien Head”
From the artist Ria Brodell. Visit her website and check out more of these images. For a short interview with Ria, visit Deep Glamour.
From Waldo Lee, via Street Anatomy. Check out more of Waldo’s stuff here.
If you’ve been missing images of creepy girls, check out David Ho’s website here. A couple of samples: And Or